ABOUT THE SA AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY
These figures were published today in the NAAMSA Press Release, commenting on the September 2019 Retail Sales results.
- Total automotive revenue in the ambit of the automotive business sphere in South Africa amounted to R503 billion in 2018;
- In 2018, the export of vehicles and automotive components reached a record amount of R178,8 billion, equating to 14,3% of South Africa’s total exports.
- Vehicles and components are exported to a record 155 international markets;
- The number of export destinations to which the export values more than doubled on a year-on-year basis in 2018 was 25;
- The automotive industry contributes 6.8% to GDP [4.3% manufacturing and 2.5% retail].